Thursday, July 03, 2008

Australian Embassy evening

Last month I leanred about the "special relationship" not between the UK and the US, but between the US and Australia. In an evening visit to the Austalian Embassy I discovered the close ties between the two countires since the First World War that are very much alive in Washington, DC.

Of course, there was plenty of VB - Victoria Bitter - flowing freely. It's a drink with obvious connections to England, but one the Americans seems to have adopted as their own when they visit Down Under.

The evening was a celebration of the semester abroad a lot of Americans enjoy in Australia, in this instance the annual alumni of American students who were a part of the University of New South Wales, Sydney exchange!


You can just about make out the Ozzie flag in the background, and the Embassy has an interior ceiling lit up as the southern sky at night.
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.
    Australian Embassy London

    ReplyDelete