Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cruising with Pope Benedict XVI

The Pope!
Ah, yes, the day the Pope came to Washington. He is a rock star! I thought Bush was a Born-again Christian, so did they talk doctrine all afternoon? All I know is that he was cruising down Pennsylvania Avenue, three blocks from my pad, about midday and I went up to take a quick snap, but he was already gone. Apparently he was leaving the White House to mobile-it to the Vatican Embassy - presumably something on Massachusetts' Embassy Row - and I was there at 12.10 and he'd already hop-scotched it away. The music was playing from the crowds, but the Pope had left me with empty road...I looked for the clouds of glory trailing behind the bullet-proof mobile, but it was just hard tarmac. That's what you get when you miss the Pope going by. Wonder how I'll explain that one at the Pearly Gates!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment